2. Send us this message

1. Buy a gift card code

online or from any store

2. Send us this message

Codecs

Place for all other topics

Re: Codecs

Postby ASN » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:37 pm

I'm pretty sure you downloaded it from another fake site ... in that case, it will ask you for an endless loop of downloads & offer completion requests which may contain malwares until you eventually give up ... its simply fake & relies on convincing you that you spent much time to download that big video file & that you are few steps away from being able to play it ... internet is full of these fake sites & you need to download from only trusted sites to avoid such threats

As for all the files in this site, you only need to install any codec pack such as k-lite codec pack & you won't have any problem playing any of the files here
ASN
Site Admin

Postby sam_buster » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:59 am

On my Windows PC, I haven't manually updated a codec for about three years.
I used to use K-Lite Pack but, in the end, I found it easier to just download VLC Player (VideoLAN) which has almost all the codecs included.
sam_buster

Postby kizapet » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:19 pm

You do not need much codecs and specially nothing as complex as k-lite as it has almost all ever made. You need good player that do not need codecs, aka has internal ones.

KMPlayer and Potplayer can read most of common files, might need one or two audio codecs that are easily found.

GOM Player, MPC - HC player, VLC media player are also very good players but might need some more to read all. It might already updated but I did not examin recently.
kizapet

Postby Morpheus » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:35 pm

Do NOT, ever, download those "codecs"... at best you'll have a loop, next down maybe they'll ask you to fill out a survey... at worst a virus.

All you need is an all-in-one player, usually libavcdec based.

VLC player - MPC HC (Media player classic home cinema) - there are others, they are possibly the best (I prefer MPC HC)

If you use those then you won't need any extra codec packs, even the truly genuine ones like K-Lite Pack
Morpheus

Return to General Discussion